Personal Growth 2021

 

Personal Adventures

This post is about personal objectives (goals) for 2021.  I read that making your goals public makes them more real and more accountable, so I will give it a try.

Objectives (goals) and Key Results (Personal OKR's) for 2021:

  1. Be a better person, role model.  Well that is a big statement with only 4 words.  I mean I need to wake up every day and just try to see each day as an adventure and chance to be better than yesterday.  Sure there will be slip ups were the kids drive me mad but that comes with the territory of having kids. The hardest thing in life I find is just trying to figure out how to do things where there are no wright or wrong answers when trying to help or guide your kids. 

    Key Result: a min. of 2 hrs every day with the kids
    Key Result: try to teach the kids 10 things they enjoy by 31.12.2021

  2. Read or listen(audibles) to 12 books.  One book a month is going to be a challenge, but this year started good with me diving into "Managing Humans" by Michael Lopp, and I am more than halfway done already as 10 Jan 2021.  Next up, create a new habit, read at least 1hr a day. 
    Key Result: read 12 books by 31 Dec 2021

  3. Write at least 12 blog posts. I want to improve my writing skills.  The only way to get better at writing is to write.
    Key Results: write 6 blog posts by 30 June 2021
    Key Results: write 6 more blog posts by 31 Dec 2021

  4. Fitness get fit. I think I am fit, but I know I can be fitter. I want to surpass my personal best scores of 2020.
    Key Result: reach 34000 m elevation gain in 2021 by 31.12.2021
    Key Result: MTB total distance of 1500 km 
    Key Result: 90 Activities, i.e. bike trips, strength training, hiking

PERONAL NOTE:  I deleted my facebook account today  10.01.2021 ! Never  used the site and found it provided me no real life benefit.  The people I want to connect to I do and the ones who want to connect with me can.  The great part is all this can happen in real life, face to face.  A beer with friends, a poker night with the boys, a web call with the parents, that is fun.  Endless scrolling through content is just not my thing.

MTB's stats from 2020 to compare to at the end of 2021:

  • Activities              77
  • Total Distance              1177 km
  • Total Activity Time     109:33:22 h:m:s
  • Total Elev Gain      33 061 m
  • Average Speed      10.7 kph
  • Average Heart Rate      121 bpm
  • Average Bike Cadence 53 rpm

Comments

Popular Posts