A review of 2020

Looking back at 2020 (COVID)



What changed in 2020?

As for my technology stack there really were no changes, other than a couple version bump ups:
This year (2021) I want to add traefik  to my stack (Traefik is an open-source Edge Router).  Time will tell if this year Kubernetes will enter my stack ( I think yes) but that will depend on my web applications requirements.

Trends I saw in 2020

  • The rise of AI everywhere
  • The limits of AI are real, its also still narrow
  • ESRI acquires nFrames https://www.nframes.com/
  • Lidar everywhere (iPhone 12 has it now, others will follow)

Trends I forsee in 2021
  • Further AI advancements in efficiency (less resources for training)
  • Automation for the masses (workflow engines get used)
    • Microsoft moving Excel into the world of programmer power for Excel experts.
  • Drone data collection companies will go through a consolidation

Things I see that will and are changing the world:
  1. Education
  2. AI
  3. Hyperloop
  4. Quantum Computing








    Comments

    Popular Posts